Madrid – The Capital City of Spain
Located right in the centre of the Iberian Peninsula, Madrid is the glorious city of Spain and its capital too. Being the capital, you will find it to be the residence of Spanish Royal family and the seat to the Spanish government institutions. It is also the largest Spanish city and bursting with different rich mixture of cultures and people from different countries. The busy business centers and bustling nightlife make Madrid a very active city and a must to explore as you holiday in Spain. Barajas is the international airport.
There is a rich combination of activities to do in Madrid and explore the natural beauty around. It ranks high on the list on the list of cities among tourist planning to explore the world. Madrid has plenty to offer with a large number of historic sites, opera, famous museums and other attractions during your stay.
Places to visit in Madrid
- Puerta del Sol. The best known square
- Royal Palace. The largest royal palace and most beautiful building
- Plaza Mayor. a marvelous enclosed square
- Madrid Cathedral. – The largest and most important church
- Templo de Debod. An authentic 2nd Century BC Egyptian temple
- Gran Vía. The most famous and most central street
- Plaza de la Villa. The historic square
- Puerta de Alcalá – An iconic old city gate
- The Prado – Europe’s premier art museums
- Thyssen-Bornemisza. boasts of the world’s best private art collection
- CaixaForum – includes an amazing vertical garden
- Goya Museum. Famous for frescos the painter
- The Reina Sofia – showcases Picasso’s ‘Woman in Blue’ and Guernica paintings
- Naval Museum. world’s most important naval museums
What to do in Madrid
- Watch the best flamenco dancers in the world
- Watch Real Madrid play -The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium plays
- See a bullfight with the best bullfighters showcasing their skills
- Try some tapas. The quintessential and ubiquitous Spanish food
- Try the quintessential Spanish food – tapas
- Take an open-topped bus tour to see most of the important sights and monuments
- Take a ride on Madrid’s cable car
- Walk in the wonderful streets and open spaces in some wonderful parks.
- Visit Rastro, Madrid’s weekly flea market
- There is lot more to do and explore while you are in Madrid.